Friday, March 26, 2010

Chrissy: Hard Times

Wednesday night I had the opportunity to go to the opening of a new show at the Springville Art Museum.
It's called Hard Times: An Artist's View.
It featured several artists' commentary on hard times.
To set the tone there was a man playing his banjo and harmonica for all to hear. In front of him his banjo case lay open waiting for needed tips.
There was also a soup line that put me in mind of something from a homeless shelter (not that it looked or tasted like it) .
Warren Chang's piece of these workers particularly captured my attention.
I love the man on the left and how he gazes out at the viewer.
Justin Taylor's art work was beautiful.
Simply breathtaking.

Overall it was a great show.
It is up to the 25th of April and if you have the opportunity to see it I would definitely recommend that you do so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kar Kar said...

I bet the mood at that gallery is just absolutely priceless.

March 27, 2010 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Kar Kar said...

Oh, and sorry for the double post, but I looked up both of those portrait photographers and their work is brilliant! I deeply appreciate the comment and can't wait to follow your advice!

March 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home