Friday, December 25, 2009

Chrissy: Merry Christmas!!!


Merry Christmas all!
I hope you've had a good one.
I wanted to share with you one Christmas tradition my family has had for a while.
Each year, two days before Christmas, my family always makes
Tamales.
Then, on Christmas Eve we deliver them to the families who asked for them.
On Christmas day we eat some ourselves for dinner.
The reason we do Tamales is because of what they can symbolize.
For my family we like to think of them as gifts.
Because you have to unwrap the corn husk before you can eat it.
This year I believe we made over 6 dozen tamales!
Lots of work.
But definitely worth it!
p.s. This is my new hair cut! Bangs (across the cut bangs, as I like to call them), layers, a trim, and some badly needed thinning out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

ooh i love it! Very cute. I need to get my hair trimmed ASAP. And thinned. But it's cute! MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too!

December 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Lyn :) said...

I. love. your. hair. :D

December 26, 2009 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Baker said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR IIIIIIISSSSSSSSS BBBEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUTTIIIIIIIIIFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUULLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would you hate me if I said I don't like tamales? But I have never had any but my mom's, so... who knows.

December 27, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home