Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chrissy: Timpanogos Storytelling Festival

Check it.
There is a very AMAZING event
that takes place every year
called the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival.
Dad got to drive a golf cart for it :P
very convenient. 
Anyways its basically just two days full of stories!
Ah glorious glorious thing!
During lunch break they usually have musicians serenading your lunch.
Like here. I enjoyed  jazz band music while eating a very strange looking cucumber. 
(I enjoyed pretending I was Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild by acting like the cucumber was a giant caterpillar )
Me and Cor.... happy day!
Below:
 we had to opportunity to listen to a BRILLIANT story teller named 
Charlotte Blake-Alston.
She told stories from all over Africa 
and before every story she would teach us part of a song
to which she would sing the counterpart with her gorgeous voice.
Definitely my fav!
Carmen Deedy was hilarious. 
I can't even begin to describe her.
Just. Awesome. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Baker said...

AAAAHHH! I have always wanted to go to that, ever since I saw the big posters about it in the Orem Library as a child!!!

September 13, 2009 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

the cucumber was a giant caterpillar???? oh man you're a dork! hahaha love ya!

September 15, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home