Monday, April 26, 2010

Chrissy: Pocahontas

I.Love.Pocahontas
Have you seen the movie The New World?
Oh it is GORGEOUS!
The music is heavenly, the cinematography breathtaking, the acting brilliant!
Really, see it if you haven't.
So I'm very much in a Pocahontas mood.
And I'm loathing the fact that I cut my hair so it looks more like a man haircut instead of Pocahontas' lovely long locks :(
Either way.
This painting was inspired by the movie.
The quality is rather horrible, but oh well.
Also, I would like to say that I was nearly done with this painting when photoshop quit on me, making it so I lost a lot of info.
Thus this painting is rather mediocre.
I apologize.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Lyn :) said...

um, your mediocre = still amazing. She's beautiful! And I absolutely LOVE love love Pocahontas! Love her. :) I used to be super obsessed with that movie, as I've probably told you countless times because I tend to repeat myself. haha!

April 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nellie is also a major Pocahontas fan! Really. I watched part of it yesterday. Hope you've been doing great and your finals went well :)love you!

April 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Baker said...

I know someone who looks like they could be Pocahontas. Her name is Emmataniel! Ignore the short hair!

April 30, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home